Hello all, if you are looking to update your SD Card to the newest iteration of our software you came to the right place!
Follow my github to see when new updates are available I will make it plain to see! Updates will be done via GitHub so follow the instructions there, but you can use this image to flash your SD Card to the 7-21-14 release, and just follow updates on GitHub!
Software as of 10-2-14:
NEW SOFTWARE AVAILABLE HERE AS OF 10-2-14 Works with ZeusMiners and Gridseeds at the same time!
Please keep in mind software is in beta and is still looking to improve!
If you are using a Gridseed Blade, each blade counts as 2 workers (because there are 2 boards) please keep this in mind!
!!!!!!WHEN YOU ARE USING THIS IMAGE MAKE SURE YOU TURN ON YOUR DEVICE FOR 5 SECONDS BEFORE YOU TURN ON THE PI OTHERWISE YOUR PI WILL NOT RECOGNIZE THE DEVICE!!!!!!!
Some new features include:
- Web UI
- No command line hassle
- Newest fork of CPUMiner for Linux
- BFGMiner for ZeusMiners (Thanks to Darkwinde)
- Statistic read outs such as: hashrate, accepted shares, rejected shares, and hardware errors.
- Optimization for the Gridseed ASICs
- Specialized Software for ZeusMiners
How to flash SD Card:
First we need to download our .imz file, which is basically a zip file that is holding out .img file.
Open the .imz file with this program and simply click and drag the file to your Desktop:
After you have installed this program open it, select your SD Card from the drop down and click format:
After you have installed this program, open it and select your SD Card from the dropdown:
Once you have selected your SD Card, click on the folder icon right next to the device letter and browse for the .img file we extracted before:
After you have selected the .img file from the browse option, click the Write button on the bottom and then a popup will show up asking if you wish to continue, hit yes:
After this is done you have successfully updated your SD Card to the newest iteration of our software!
Now you just need to plug your SD Card into your Pi, plug the Pi into your network and find the IP Address either on your router in your device list (dhcp leases) or your arp table.
If you have an HDMI monitor you can also use that to find the IP address of the Pi, just plug it in and start up the Pi and it will be in the startup screen.
After you have your IP Address just put it into your favorite browser and change your pool information!
!!!We recommend running the Gridseeds no higher than 850MHz Frequency, and the ZeusMiners no higher than 345MHz Frequency!!!
If you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact us!
Human Readable Changelog (7-22-14):
- ZeusMiner Support
- Added BFGMiner 4.3.1 Custom (Darkwinde Fork)
- Added chip count for ZeusMiners
- Added frequency for ZeusMiners
- Added unit count for both ZeusMiners and Gridseeds
- Changed how adding pools and frequency works, hopefully no more hassle with the software sometimes not recognizing your pool information
- minerconfig.json redone as minerconfig.dat, will instead read a regular dat file instead of a json, will help with recognizing pool information
- Added restart pi option (will have to manually refresh the page after the pi is rebooted)
- Reboot after saving settings (changing pool information) page will begin refreshing once the Pi is booted up
- Squashed some bugs, no more scary errors about a socket being missing, no more division by 0
- Added checks to make sure that Gridseed and ZeusMiners are correctly adding if both or either are available
- If you desire to SSH and see the software running you can do so now, added commands to easily see both ZeusMiners and Gridseeds, help information on the left sidebar for SSH commands
- rc.local no longer handling startup, added new script so there is no more confusion by the system (sometimes wouldn't start up CPUMiner)
- No longer outputs errors if there is no miner running, will wait until pool information is added
- Removed initial pool settings (rc.local change makes it so we don't have to have default pool information any longer)
- Removed a bug some users were telling me about the pool information wiping when typing in and the page auto refreshed